Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: Nimda affecting HP LaserJet / JetDirect devices?

From: auto241065 () hushmail com
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 18:02:35 -0700

You guys are pulling my leg right?

How the heck does it infect a printer? I was under the impression that codered and Nimda "infected" windows operating
systems. I've heard the volume of traffic created could DOS devices like printers that used HTTP for management. I
thought the original poster was either joking or the victim of a practical joke, but after a second post I must be the
butt of the joke.