Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: fbi.gov weirdness?

From: "Crosby, Herbert (OAO-HOU)" <hcrosby () houston oao com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 11:14:41 -0500

yup, I get the same miss direction on doing a LIVE UPDATE of Symantec's
Norton Anti-Virus program to these sites (liveudpate.symantec.com >>>
a33.g.akamai.net or 65-65-70-233.deploy.akamaitechnologies.net caught by
doing "netstat -a" while running) .... makes you wonder if the definitions
coming via LIVEUPDATE are any good but I do check them against the FTP site
(different support vendor than http updates) so I know for sure ;-)