Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: IRIX "gr" core dumps

From: "Dino" <slayer67 () apk net>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 20:04:34 -0400

http://www.dsinet.org/tools/exploits/irix-exploits/gr.c

this may be exploit. If so its old.

Dino

Subject: IRIX "gr" core dumps

We have a hacked IRIX box where the intruder hijacked a
user password then apparently attacked the box locally via
a buffer overflow.  We found a series of core dumps in the
hijacked user directory generated by "gr."

Unfortunately, I cannot find any references to what gr actually
is or a known exploit for it.  Perhaps someone on the list
has more information on this?

-geoff

--------
Geoff Galitz                               |
UC Berkeley                             |             D'oh!
galitz () uclink berkeley edu   |