Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: securitynewsportal.com hacked

From: remco () rc6 org (Remco B. Brink)
Date: 24 Oct 2001 17:44:39 +0200

"Ivan@work" <ivan () incode com au> writes:

Hi,
At about 1.00pm EST in Australia, www.securitynewsportal.com was hacked by
YIHAT. I have some screen captures if anyone is interested.
cheers Ivan

<snip hack text>

Take the "Hacked by Kimble" text with a grain of salt. Kim Schmitz nor his
team of wannabe hackers (YIHAT) are not the genius hacker they claim to be.

http://www.attrition.org/news/content/01-10-22.001.html

The defacement is somewhat old news by the way. Later today the original
defacement was removed and replaced with a message saying that SNP is now
officially shut down.

regards,
Remco

--
Remco B. Brink - SOL Børs A/S systemsdeveloper - http://www.norge-invest.no
Personal site at http://rc6.org  -  PGP/GnuPG key at http://rc6.org/rbb.pgp

Help, I'm trapped inside an IT startup...