Security Incidents mailing list archives

NEW FILES: Scan of the Month - October

From: Michael Clark <mjc22 () drexel edu>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 16:34:20 -0400 (EDT)

Hey all,

There was a problem with one of the files included in this months Scan of
the Month. One of the files, newdat2.log,  was cutting off packets at the
end.  This happened because when I edited out the IP address of the remote
syslog server I failed to take the packet length into account.  I have
fixed the problem and uploaded new files.  So if you have aleady
downloaded the challenge, please do so again.  The packets that were left
out are important to completing the challenge.

Thanks to those who pointed out there was a problem :)

Sorry for the trouble,

Mike
Honeynet Project Team Member