Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: W32.Badtrans.B@mm

From: Marc Fossi <mfossi () securityfocus com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 14:46:48 -0700 (MST)

"It drops a keyboard hooker with the KDLL.DLL name, and sends stolen info
to the "uckyjw () hotmail com" e-mail address. The log info is stored in the
Windows system directory with the CP_25389.NLS name."

http://www.viruslist.com/eng/default.asp?tnews=12&nview=1&id=1255&page=0
(url may be wrapped)

"The worm uses the default account and the default SMTP server of the
local
machine. This information can be found in the following registry entries:"

http://www.antivirus.com/pc-cillin/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=WORM_BADTRANS.B&VSect=T
(url may be wrapped)

Marc Fossi, MCSE
SecurityFocus