Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: recent sadmin worm

From: "Vitaly Osipov" <vosipov () wolfegroup ie>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 09:22:08 +0100

phew, I got about 200 replies from antivirus programs about "virus contained
in a message". I wonder what's the use of marking this _perl_ script as a
virus - it is an exploit program, no more, no less... Looks like it's a
rather non-creative attempt by virus-scanner makers to stop some popular
exploits (or to have a reason to say that their signature base is very big
:) )

regards,
Vitaly.