Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: SYN/ACK to port 53

From: "DeCamp, Paul" <PDeCamp () MedManageSystems com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 14:26:06 -0700

Good job at hunting this down, and thanks for the information.

This actually clears things up quite a bit.  At first look I thought this
was some sort of Bind exploit being launched at us, but it puzzled me why
none of our other DNS servers were being hit with it.  Add to that the fact
that the series of hits always come from the same sources (by the way
Andreas, the same addresses that hit your home system yesterday), and only
on one of the perimeter IP addresses, I was really starting to wonder what
was going on.

Thanks again, and also to all the others that responded directly.

Paul DeCamp, IT Operations Lead
MedManage Systems Inc.
Voice:  (425) 354-2212