Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: another wave?

From: gattaca () hushmail com
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 12:43:22 -0500 (EDT)

Paul,

No offense taken; had my emotions surgically removed years ago :)

My motivation for my initial post was literally just me being a good "netizen".
The fact that it was a specific group that I referred to was just the "intel"
that had been passed along to me. I feel (personal view) that it is necessary
to share such information in a bid to promote a higher level of cooperation
betwix security folk, sysadmins, et cetera. You're right, it 's quite nearly
impossible to gauge potential attacks however, it is not outside the realm
of possibility in the information warfare arena. As to the difference; I
believe that in order to better prepare for whatever may come down the pipe,
 one must arm themselves with information.

"reading these lists is a good first step towards being aware of the potential
dangers out there.", I couldn't agree more.

cheers,
gattaca

At Thu, 24 May 2001 11:44:03 -0400, "Paul \"Froggy\" Schneider" <froggy () eecs cwru edu>