Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: What's on 4662 ?

From: Erick Staal <elstaal () xs4all nl>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 07:01:17 +0200

Hi,

The application the scans are searching for is an app call e-Donkey. This
some sort of file-sharing system. For who also encountered these scans and
want to know more:
http://www.edonkey2000.com.

I can't make out if your scans were done with malicious intent however. As
eDonkey looks like a 'genuine' application and not a Trojan port and I
haven't looked for exploits on eDonkey.

eDoney is according to the abovementioned website available for windows and
Linux.

Sincerely, Erick