Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: IP_MASQ:reverse ICMP: failed checksum from www.xxx.yyy.zzz!

From: "Dave Garn" <mail219778 () pop net>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 13:03:28 -0400

One thing I've seen that can cause this are certain network games.  I've
noticed that when people are playing CounterStrike or Team Fortress Classic
(mods of the Half-Life game), that several of these failed checksum messages
show up.  Don't know if that is the case here, but I thought I'd pass this
along.

Dave Garn