Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Continued DoS seen on BIND8.2.2p7

From: Paul Makepeace <Paul.Makepeace () REALPROGRAMMERS COM>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2001 21:55:37 -0800

On Sat, Mar 03, 2001 at 09:23:07PM -0500, Jason Lewis wrote:
You need to upgrade to the latest version of BIND. Which is BIND 8.2.3-REL.

Thanks everyone who replied so quickly here.

It turns out that both Debian potato and woody are stuck at 8.2.2p7
-- I had already run apt-get update && apt-get upgrade (hence my
surprise). I contacted BIND's package maintainer and was instructed
to add the following lines to /etc/apt/sources.list:

# See http://www.debian.org/security/
deb http://security.debian.org/ potato/updates main contrib non-free

...and re-run the apt-get update/upgrade.

A little frustrating that wasn't already in the distro by default
but there we are.

Thanks again,
Paul