Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Lion Worm/crew.tgz

From: Cooper <Cooper () LINUX-FAN COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 00:39:22 +0200

Daniel Martin wrote:

[*] Can someone more knowledgable than I verify this timeline?  I
think I have it correct, but it's hard to search for references to
"Address Search Protocol" on the net, since you have to wade through
so many posts of people asking for explanations of probes.  I've never
seen a spec. for this protocol given anywhere.

Here's an implementation of the 'protocol'. The man page in the package
clearly states that it uses the port defined in /etc/services as
'asp'... I would expect however that people interested in the feature
this software provides check out ICQ or stuff like that...

http://freshmeat.net/projects/asp/
And of course the gnome version by the same author:
http://freshmeat.net/projects/gnome-asp/

Cooper
--
'twas the night before christmas, 1971, and there wasn't a sound in all
the house apart from the buzzsaw, and the clanking of chains and the