Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: udp bindshell exploit?

From: Jonathan Rickman <jonathan () XCORPS NET>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 14:23:55 -0500

On Mon, 26 Mar 2001, Stephen Bannasch wrote:

I ran Jonathan's chkrootkit on a linux system here at work and everything
came up clean except for:

Let's clarify something here. chkrootkit is not my software, nor am I or
anyone in my organization affiliated with the owners in any way. I just
posted the link to let everyone know that their software had been updated
since they dont follow the list (apparently).  You can find out more about
the package at http://www.chkrootkit.org

I dont mind answering questions, as I am fairly well versed in the concept
of host based intrusion detection...but at some point I have to give these
guys a chance to support their own code.

Now, on to the question.

Is there a modified bindshell exploit that uses udp?

Not that I am aware of.

--
Jonathan Rickman
X Corps Security