Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: More Korean probes

From: Ian Hall-Beyer <Ian.Hall-Beyer () central sun com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 13:36:51 -0700

Yotam Rubin wrote:

Hello,

I have also been probed by Korean hosts. The attackers were probably looking
for an exploitable statd:
Mar 19 17:40:54 linux tcplog: sunrpc request from 211.34.28.130

        Regards, Yotam Rubin

Some of my personal systems have been hit by korean hosts, turning it
around on them seems to reveal stock redhat boxes that appear to have
been rooted.

--
Ian M. Hall-Beyer                 Member, USENIX, SAGE
Systems Administrator          Cybernetic Entomologist