Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: MX RR for China CERT invalid :-(

From: Russell Fulton <r.fulton () AUCKLAND AC NZ>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 11:06:49 +1200

On Mon, 19 Mar 2001 10:34:29 +0100 "Ralf G. R. Bergs"
<rabe () RWTH-Aachen DE> wrote:

Hi there,

I usually cc the Korea CERT when I need to file network abuse incidents that
originate from Korean IPs.

Now that scans and such from China become more popular I started cc'ing the
China CERT (http://www.ccert.edu.cn/index.en.html, e-mail according to
website: report () ccert edu cn).

Guess what? E-Mail to them bounces. :-(((

This looks like a transient screw up.  I regularly report incidents to
CCERT.  Officially their consituency is edu.cn but they handle reports
to for other Chinese domains as time permitts.

If this persists I have email address of one of their senior staff and
will make personal contact.

Cheers, Russell.