Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Lots of rpc.statd probes lately

From: James Paterson <jpaterson () DATAMIRROR COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 14:18:24 -0500

-- snip

eventually all the boxes that can be exploited will be exploited and the number
of scans should begin tapering off as some of the compromised boxes are fixed.

-- snip

I would suggest quite the opposite, I am sure that the number of exploitable
boxes being added every minute by far exceeds those that are properly secured,
and the number of machines being connected to the net is not doing down. Which
is why we have to spread the word and educate people about securing their
systems, before the Internet melts through heat death caused by SK's using nmap
;).