Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: Rash of navy web site defacements

From: Andrew Thomas <andrew () unysen com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 10:51:40 +0200

Bad taste to reply to my own message, I know, but I missed off
another check as part of ACL setting - remove IUSR/IWAM account
write access from all directories that don't explicitly need it.
This is a rare occurance - document uploads and the like on
website, or file attachments to web-based mail systems.