Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: New maniac rootkit

From: Denis Ducamp <Denis.Ducamp () hsc fr>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 13:52:07 +0200

On Wed, Jun 20, 2001 at 09:04:26AM -0400, Andrew Heath wrote:
I also know it's making IRC connections, plus has at least one
rootshell running.  I can't confirm this without modifying bits
of the box, to replace ps with a known good copy, and I can't do
that until one of my colleagues looks at it to get first hand
experience.

You may use lsof ftp://vic.cc.purdue.edu/pub/tools/unix/lsof/ to see all the
running processes and the open files, if none are hidden by adore...
You may try http://www.hsc.fr/ressources/outils/rkscan/ to detect the
presence of the adore rootkit.

Of course, compile them on another system.

Denis.

--
 Denis.Ducamp () hsc fr --- Hervé Schauer Consultants --- http://www.hsc.fr/
Owl/snort/hping/dsniff en français  http://www.groar.org/~ducamp/#sec-trad