Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: Increase in Sub7 scans

From: <h8macs () yahoo com>
Date: 30 Jul 2001 17:55:44 -0000

Yes a bulk of the scans seem to be coming from the
@home network. I am resolving IP's from home.com
and home.net.

Specifically:

24.11.134.131 - optical.mi.home.com
24.94.204.6 - wks-94-204-6.kscable.com
24.16.208.135 - C1553725-a.vncvr1.wa.home.com

Jack,

Port 27374 is also used by other trojans such as
Ramen, TTFloader, Seeker, Bad Blood, etc.
It could be simply some script kiddies scanning for
open subseven/backdoor zombies,
etc using any number of free tools.

Is there any pattern to the source of the scans
(from china, .edu's, etc.) ?

-dave

David Endler, CISSP
Practice Manager, iDEFENSE Risk Management
Services
3975 Fair Ridge Drive Suite 400
Fairfax, VA 22033-2924
voice: 703.219.2408