Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: properties in e-mail from sexyfun

From: Michael Damm <miked () SYMETRIX NET>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 23:29:54 -0800

prserv.net doesn't seem to resolve though, though the IP address does
resolve to the apparent sender. Now I just need to track down who this
"prserv.net actually belongs to

As far as I know, prserv.net is a domain solely for resold national dialup
accounts (as are dialinx.net and saturn.bbn.com), alot of the new bankrupt
free ISPs used them, as well as DellNet and a few others I think. Contact
IBM, they own it.

Reporting to these bulk resellers of dialups (and now we're seeing it with
DSL) is a *pain*, because you end up in a web of finger pointing.

        -Mike Damm
         www.symetrix.org