Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: DNS Bind

From: Russell Fulton <r.fulton () AUCKLAND AC NZ>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 10:41:44 +1300

On Wed, 31 Jan 2001 10:47:24 -0800 "Somaini, Justin"
<Justin.Somaini () SCHWAB COM> wrote:

Has anyone seen attacks, other than Microsoft, in regards to the bind tsig
vuln.?

I've seen an increase in version probes against our advertised name
servers.

One question:  I understand that the tsig vulnerability is in the
DNSSEC code and, so far as I am aware, we are not using this now.  Are
there any options in the BIND config to disable DNSSEC? (as a stop gap
until we can get the software upgraded).