Security Incidents mailing list archives

Honeynet Project reminders and updates

From: Lance Spitzner <lance () SPITZNER NET>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 18:04:21 -0600

Just some friendly reminders and updates.

1. Forensic Challenge
---------------------

A friendly reminder that the submission due date for the
Forensic Challenge is Monday, 19 February.  The original
posting of 15 February is incorrect.  Many people have
written to us concerned that they did not have the skills
neccessary to complete a full analysis.  We encourage any,
regardless of skill set, to give the challenge a try and
learn.  During the process you should generate a great
deal of questions.  Most of those questions should be
answered when we release the results 19 March.  Use this
as an opportunity to make mistakes and learn.

     http://project.honeynet.org/challenge/

2.  Scan of the Month, January
------------------------------
It appears I made a bad analysis in our January Scan
of the Month.  Can Erkin Acar has correct my mistake.
You can find the updated Scan of the Month, January
at:

     http://project.honeynet.org/scans/scan11/

3.  Scan of the Month, February
New Scan of the Month has been released