Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Rooted Boxes

From: dor <dor () VIRTUALMYSTIC COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 00:10:28 -0800

Hi,

The created login's were: wormboy adm test sky web aki dani

This is a known kiddy on ircnet, he uses the nicks wormboy, langsuir,
ski, and possibly others, and he is known to be from malaysia. i would
guess your host ran Solaris and was compromised via the rpc.ttdbserverd
exploit, the adm account shouldnt have been created.. it should already
have been there, he also often sets passwords to the listen and smtp
accounts, which he seems to use the same passwords on multiple compromised
hosts. I have these passwords noted down somewhere, but won`t post them to
a public list.

-- Support your government, give Echelon / Carnivore something to parse --
classfield  top-secret government  restricted data information project CIA
KGB GRU DISA  DoD  defense  systems  military  systems spy steal terrorist
Allah Natasha  Gregori destroy destruct attack  democracy will send Russia
bank system compromise international  own  rule the world ATSC RTEM warmod
ATMD force power enforce  sensitive  directorate  TSP NSTD ORD DD2-N AMTAS
STRAP warrior-T presidental  elections  policital foreign embassy takeover