Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Arp Warnings on @Home Network

From: Jose Nazario <jose () BIOCSERVER BIOC CWRU EDU>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 11:44:05 -0500

please disregard this message, i got my threads screwed up and my wires
crossed.

thanks.

On Wed, 7 Feb 2001, Jose Nazario wrote:

On Wed, 7 Feb 2001, Dragos Ruiu wrote:

Another solution if you are in dynamic addressing is to release your
address lease and get a new one. (take the I/F down and run dhcpcd
again under Linux/BSD, use the release and renew all buttons in
winipcfg, or use ipconfig /somethingorother in win2k) See if that
helps the problem any.

a quick bit of code could easily forge a dhcp release, dug's would be a
good place to start:

http://www.monkey.org/~dugsong/dhcpfree.c

jose nazario                                               jose () cwru edu
                   PGP: 89 B0 81 DA 5B FD 7E 00  99 C3 B2 CD 48 A0 07 80
                                     PGP key ID 0xFD37F4E5 (pgp.mit.edu)