Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Sub-Seven and NetBus port scans from HK and KR

From: Malcolm White <whitem () EIRCELL IE>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 04:58:42 -0800

Last week, during two adjacent nightly one-hour dialup sessions with my
local Irish ISP, I had *FOUR* Trojan plant attempts, one Hack 'A'Tack
(Korea), one Netbus (another user on my own ISP!), and two Sub-sevens (one
from Israel and the other from a German DT ISP) plus numerous generic port
scans. They must be trawling the Class C's as my IP is DHCP'd.

Regards, Malcolm

The information transmitted in this email is intended for the
addressee only and may contain confidential and/or privileged
material. Any review, retransmission,dissemination,reliance
upon or other use of, this information by persons or entities
other than the addressee is prohibited.If you received this
in error, please contact the sender and delete the material.

This message has been swept by Anti-Virus software