Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: FYI: Bind compromise

From: Jason Lewis <jlewis () jasonlewis net>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 01:45:21 -0500

I agree......

I looked at the ISC listing of exploits....
http://www.isc.org/products/BIND/bind-security.html

And 8.2.3-betas ARE vulnerable.....  Maybe it was beta and not -REL?

My guess is the attacker upgraded BIND to prevent someone from compromising
HIS compromise.  That makes me laugh for some reason.

jas
http://www.rivalpath.com