Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: NEW VIRUS FOUND PLEASE READ IMPORTANT!!!!!

From: David Luyer <david_luyer () PACIFIC NET AU>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 18:17:36 +1100

We are working with the infrastructure group to see how we can block or
filter this particular message.  In the interim, the best anti-virus
protection is good 'ole common sense.

; tail -11 /etc/sendmail.cf
HSubject: $>CheckSubject
SCheckSubject
RILOVEYOU               $#error $: 553 ILOVEYOU Virus detected
RHere you have, ;o)     $#error $: 553 Anna Kournikova virus detected

Kchkfrm regex -a@REJ hahaha () sexyfun net

HFrom: $>CheckFromHeader
SCheckFromHeader
R$*     $: $(chkfrm $1 $)
R@REJ   $#error $: 553 Some virus detected

David.
--
David Luyer                                        Phone:   +61 3 9674 7525
Senior Network Engineer        P A C I F I C       Fax:     +61 3 9699 8693