Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: DNS question ?

From: "Benninghoff, John" <JaBenninghoff () DAINRAUSCHER COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 11:32:21 -0600

The default configuration for Windows 2000 (Win2k only - not NT) is to
"Register this connection's address in DNS." This means it sends a DDNS
update every time it starts up and/or connects via remote access dialin.
People from other ISPs have noticed the same thing.

It is most likely that these updates are from Windows 2000 computers.