Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: SubSeven Trojan port probe

From: Guillaume Filion <gfk () LOGIDAC COM>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 20:23:23 -0500

Hey someone from my home town! (I live in Quebec, Canada).

More seriously, PSI is a serious provider and I personally never
received "there's nothig we can do about it" from them or other major
canadian providers.  Here's an extract from their Abuse Policy
(http://www.psi.com/legalinfo/netabusepolicy.html):
---
Security
Any "denial of service" attacks, any attempt to breach authentication
or security measures, or any unauthorized attempt to gain access to
any other account, host or network is prohibited, and will result in
immediate service termination, which may be without notice.
---

You should send them a report with a copie of the relevant log file
to abuse () psi com and I'm pretty sure that "Gabriel" will get kicked
off this provider.

Best,
GFK's

This guy's been port scanning me for the past week or so... Here's
his info, should I bother reporting him?  I've reported similar
probes with other ISPs but got the "there's nothing we can do about
it" song and dance.  Any way here's the probe info I get:

IP: 154.5.40.109
Node: GABRIEL
Group: WORKGROUP
MAC: 444553540000
DNS: ip109.quebec6.dialup.canada.psi.net

Any suggestions would be helpful...
H.B.J.

--
Guillaume Filion