Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: CodeRed back with with a vengence this month!

From: zeno <bugtraq () cgisecurity net>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 11:19:29 -0500 (EST)

Hey,

quickly this month after its sleep period.  In past months snort has
not seen CodeRed attacks until 9th or 10th, this month I started seeing

I saw a couple log entries but they where from the 8th nothing on the day
you speak of. .

jumped from about 800 unique source addresses per hour on Nov 30 to
nearly 3000 this morning.

damn if it helps I haven't seen this much traffic maybe a new worm version that
starts on 1.x.x.x and adds one? What subnet you on? I'm on 199.x.x.x and seen
almost nothing.

- zenomorph