Security Incidents mailing list archives

SSH1 CRC32 Compensation Attacks

From: "Armando B. Ortiz" <aortiz () onlinetraffic com>
Date: 09 Dec 2001 07:36:49 -0800

The attacks apparently took down two of our servers in a 4-server
webfarm.  They apparently leave the typical root kits and
compromised/trojaned binaries.

Unfortunately, I can't recover the other boxes and have to rebuild
them.  The intruder left compromised files relating to the operation of
SSH as well as a trojaned SSH daemon.

=:(

--
 From the Linux Box of Armando Ortiz