Security Incidents mailing list archives

Code red probe followed by udp port 10xx

From: "Thompson, John J" <ThompsonJJ () mail medicine uiowa edu>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 12:24:23 -0500

--Im using blackice server agent on my iis5 box--

Ive noticed that the ISAPI overflow attempts are being followed by (within a
minute) a udp port probe to ports 1094,1028, or 1143 (perhaps dynamicaly
changing). Ive detected 4 of these for 4 scans since 11:30am CST. The udp
probe is usually a ten count.

Anyone else seen this?

John

Note: I do have Ip filtering enabled and blocking all but tcp 21,80,137-139.
Same blocks apply on blackice.

John Thompson
Network Administrator
Dept. of Biochemistry