Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: CRv2 multiple scans from same source IP

From: Luc Pardon <lucp () skopos be>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 05:02:05 +0200

  Maybe this is just three systems behind the same proxy ? Not untypical
for cable ISP's.

  If so, I'd report this to the ISP, they usually don't like their
customers running web servers.

  Luc Pardon
  Skopos Consulting
  Belgium

John Davidson wrote:

My W2k IIS logs show 3 CRv2 scans from the same source IP within the same
minute.

The IP is outside my Class A address space. From the analysis of CRv2
published at www.eeye.com this should not be possible, or at least the
likelihood of such an occurence is much greater than winning a very big
lottery... I should maybe buy a ticket! ;-).

John Davidson