Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: UDP port 1025 Blackjack¿?

From: Ryan Russell <ryan () SECURITYFOCUS COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 12:07:06 -0700

On Tue, 12 Sep 2000, Ballester, David wrote:

     Anybody knows something about the 1025 port? I make a portscan using
nmap 2.53 over some servers of one of my networks and
I've encountered the port 1025 UDP prot. and the name 'blackjack' returned
as the name service.

That would be some dynamically allocated RPC service that happened to fall
on 1025.  I doubt you've actually got the blackjack server
running. :)  What OS is the remote machine?  That might allow the list to
make some guesses as to what the service actually is.

                                        Ryan