Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Echo request scan followed by multi port scan.

From: Bryan Andersen <bryan () visi com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 16:12:06 -0500

Bryan Andersen wrote:

As a FYI:

An echo request scan was later followed up by a full range
multi port scan.

Tcpdump log file of all activity of the 205.182.60.0/24 net at:
    http://softail.visi.com/security/net-205.182.60.txt

Dates and times are refferenced to US/Central +500.

As an additional note my email attempt bounced to all pcscorp.com
addresses.

The ARIN contact info had a local number so I called it and left
voice mail.  Seamed like a home phone number to me.

Some times you just have to go out of band to get the communication
through.

--
|  Bryan Andersen   |   bryan () visi com   |   http://softail.visi.com   |
| Buzzwords are like annoying little flies that deserve to be swatted. |