Security Incidents mailing list archives

Port 1040 ?

From: M J <mjmcduffy () HOTMAIL COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 07:57:22 PDT

Hello,
Please forgive if this post is submitted to the wrong site.  Most of these
posts seem to be from/for net admins or network security professionals.

With the help of about three different books, I built myself a RH6.2 Linux
box that I'm using for a firewall (ipchains) to look after my DSL
connection.  Besides the normal, random scanning traffic that my box
continuously logs, I've recently noticed a weeks worth of scans to port
1040. I'm having troubles finding out if there is app or service that
commonly uses this port.  Can anyone provide some insight?

Thanks for the help,
MJ