Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: compromised machine as ASU (fwd)

From: fred anger <anger () RIGHTARM ORG>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 19:28:41 -0700

Thank you to all who responded with information/suggestions.  For those
who wondered why I didn't start with the whois info, I was under the
assumption that that info was either out of date, or incorrec, so I
thought I'd plug the list first.  I actuallly had a hope that someone at
ASU was on the INCIDENTS list.  Anyway, I've contacted those whom I think
might be interested and sent them as much detail as appropriate, and
hopefully they'll follow through.  I haven't heard back from anyone except
my initial contact who referred me to the appropriate people
(incidentally, none of whom were in the whois info).  We'll see...