Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Port 9704

From: Harry Behrens <Harry () BEHRENS COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 09:58:21 +0900

it's a trojan horse: check /etc/identd.conf

for s.th like

9704..... /bin/sh....

I still haven't figured out which script is behind this, but it's a script
kiddie's toolbox thing:
It hacks aftp daemon (only for Linux as far as I know) and then
- leaves the trojan at 9704
- starts scanning around for similar ftp daemons.

Regards,

        Harry