Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: TCP connections to port 1024 - DDoS?

From: "Turpin, Jason" <jturpin () CHEMATCH COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 11:28:27 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Abe Getchell [mailto:agetchel () KDE STATE KY US]
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2000 1:58 PM
To: INCIDENTS () SECURITYFOCUS COM
Subject: Re: TCP connections to port 1024 - DDoS?

Hi Jason,
        Care to share the source IP addresses?  Hopefully there is a common
batch of addresses we are seeing this from.  We got hammered this weekend;
there were over 100,000 connections attempted.  The IP addresses didn't
reverse resolve to any domain names and an IP whois search didn't tell me
who they belonged too.  Knowing that there are more folks who are seeing
this doesn't make me feel very good...

Thanks,
Abe

Abe L. Getchell - Security Engineer