Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Qeustion!

From: George Bakos <alpinista () BIGFOOT COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 08:37:47 -0400

ICMP 3:13 is "admin prohibeted filter".  If you are seeing this traffic
coming at you, it is most likely responses to stimuli that either
came from you, or spoofed your address as the source.

If you keep complete packet logs, check to see if anything left your
network headed for Belgium, Finland & Korea.  If you don't have
access to such logs, examine the host in question for signs of bad
doings.  The AUSCERT provides excellent checklists to help at:
http://www.auscert.org.au/Information/Auscert_info/papers.html

Get a hold of me off-list if you need assistance.