Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: MSRDP

From: Laura Nuñez <potus () glacyar com ar>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 17:13:08 -0300

Hi Marcelo,
It is used by Win2k Terminal Services. I found this on MS Technet:

Exch Resource Kit -  Appendix B - Ports and Protocols
3389    RDP     Terminal Services

Q224447
This article lists many of the port numbers that Microsoft services use. For
example, if you change the port number from 389 to 3389 and then install
Microsoft Terminal Services, a Terminal Services client will be unable to
connect to the computer that is running Termianl Services because Terminal
Services listens on port 3389 by default.

WinNT, Terminal Server, & Exchange Services Use TCP/IP Ports [Q150543]
List of Ports Used by Terminal Server Clients
Function                    Static ports
--------                    ------------
RDP Client (Microsoft)      TCP:3389 (Pre Beta2:1503)
ICA Client (Citrix)         TCP:1494<BR/>

This seems to be of interest: How to Configure Proxy Packet Filters for
Terminal Server Access [Q258544]

You can find the complete articles at www.microsoft.com/technet

Hope it helps,
Laura
Laura Nuñez
mailto:potus () glacyar com ar
PGP Fingerprint: 995C 89F3 DAF5 F106 4D6C C4B4 8A0C 832F A2FD 1BBA
PGP Public Key: http://www.glacyar.com.ar/potus.asc
Sitio web: http://www.glacyar.com.ar
Lista Glacyar InfoSec: http://glacyar.listbot.com/