Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Strange 33434/UDP traffic from MS W2k with Active Directory

From: root () RGFSPARC CR USGS GOV (Robert G. Ferrell)
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 10:20:08 -0500

Eugene Taylashev wrote:

could somebody advise me for what reasons Microsoft uses port 33434 udp on
Windows 2000 servers with active directory. My servers generates a lot of
traffic to different hosts on this port without any control from my side.
      Thanks a lot

Hi Eugene,

My database says that 33434/udp is used for streaming audio from
DiscoverMusic.com.  Don't know if this applies in your case, but it's possible.

Cheers,

RGF

Robert G. Ferrell, CISSP
Information Systems Security Officer
National Business Center, US DoI
Robert_G_Ferrell () nbc gov
Nothing I have ever said should be construed as even vaguely
representing an official statement by the NBC or DoI.