Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Sniffer files

From: randy.janinda () NDCORP COM (Randy Janinda)
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 15:29:43 -0400

On Tue, May 16, 2000 at 01:44:56PM -0600, Wozz decided:
Does anyone know of a good freeware, preferably open source tool for
decoding .enc (Sniffer) files?  I figure someone on here
(*cough*Robert*cough*) might have some insight into this issue.  The reason
I ask is that I absolutely hate Net XRay (aka Sniffer Basic) and everything
else that I know of that can read the files is pretty obscenely expensive.
Any thoughts?

I used Ethereal (http://ethereal.zing.org) to do this exact thing. One catch
though, run the files back through Sniffer and save them "uncompressed".

--
Randy Janinda