Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: UDP scan?

From: root () RGFSPARC CR USGS GOV (Robert G. Ferrell)
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 08:12:13 -0500

A flurry of 61 UDP packets were sent to a single host in about one
second.  I know of nothing special about the destination port range,
other than it lies in the range of source ports for traceroutes.  I
can't think of a way to relate that to this traffic.

May 10 11:18:44 192.245.12.7:50701 -> xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:33495 UDP

That IP comes back to Opus1.com, who do among other things security penetration
testing.  Maybe someone hired them to test your system?

RGF

Robert G. Ferrell, CISSP
Information Systems Security Officer
National Business Center, US DoI
Robert_G_Ferrell () nbc gov
Nothing I have ever said should be construed as even vaguely
representing an official statement by the NBC or DoI.