Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: unknown port numbers

From: root () RGFSPARC CR USGS GOV (Robert G. Ferrell)
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 07:55:13 -0600

Where on the net, I can find port<->program(trojan,etc) description?
There is some strange connection log to my system:

There are several places.  The 'official' ports->assigned services list is at

ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/iana/assignments/port-numbers

or you can use my mirror (if ISI is busy, which it frequently is) at

http://rgfsparc.cr.usgs.gov:8090/sysadmin/port_numbers.txt

You're also welcome to use my ports search utility (has trojans also) at

http://rgfsparc.cr.usgs.gov:8090/sysadmin/ports.html

but I'll warn you in advance that none of these ports show up in my database.

Cheers,

RGF

Robert G. Ferrell, CISSP
Information Security Officer
National Business Center, US DoI
Robert_G_Ferrell () nbc gov
Nothing I have ever said should be construed as even vaguely
representing an official statement by the NBC or DoI.