Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Port 1243

From: lalune () LINUX CA (laLune)
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 02:09:12 -0500

BackDoor-G, SubSeven 1.1 uses this port.

I've noticed a great increase in SubSeven scans, especially for the more
recent version (2.1) which uses 1234 and 27374 by default.

Additionally, I've also seen hundreds of infected machines auto-joining
IRC servers with this same remote access trojan. It seems to be quite
wide-spread at the moment.

- Anita

Omachonu Ogali wrote:

Last night I received a port scan on all my IP's for a foreign dialup
customer looking for port 1243. I talked to the rest of the network
engineers and they reported it was a scan of our whole subnet. Anyone
remember anything off head about this port? (Each xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
represents a different IP address).