Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Port 6347

From: bmacke () LUCENT COM (Brian Macke)
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 15:21:10 -0500

While this is just supposition, 6347/tcp is just one up from 6346/tcp -
the default port for Gnutella.

Because of the formatting of your post, it's difficult to determine
exactly what's going on. But I'm going to take a stab and say that someone
is running gnutella inside your network and is attempting to share files
out to the 'net.