Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: ftpd: the advisory version

From: ben () ION AS UTEXAS EDU (Ben Laws)
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 18:02:34 -0500

FTP scans are definitely on the rise in *.edu land.
Two have crossed our class C in the last 8 hours.
We'll see how the weekend goes.

I'm sure all the students, staff, and faculty
running Linux had their systems patched last week
;-)  They're always so *good* about being on top of
security issues.  Perhaps vice versa.

Ben Laws
Systems Analyst
Hobby-Eberly Telescope